In our previous article what are medical hygiene services we looked at the importance of maintaining the highest hygiene standards in a medical environment. Another type of hygiene service that professional cleaning companies offer is that of Food Hygiene Services.
Avoiding foodborne illnesses is the paramount purpose of food hygiene services. This includes the proper handling, preparation and storage of food and the hygienic cleaning of all surfaces and equipment that comes into contact with the food. For restaurants, canteens, hotels, hospitals and other eateries a commercial food hygiene service is vital to ensure safe operation and professional cleanliness.
Food hygiene services should include:
• Using effective and safe (SANS certified) chemicals to clean counters, surfaces, floors, walls and ceilings.
• Use cleaning methods that support Hazard Analysis at Critical Control Points (HACCP), this ensures that there is no spread of foodborne illness.
• Once the deep cleaning has taken place, the food hygiene service company should issue a certificate that the food hygiene service rendered is in compliance with the municipal by-laws and SANS certified chemicals were used.
• All cleaning technicians should be equipped with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to ensure their safety and protection against harmful germs and bacteria.
• Staff should be expertly trained in food hygiene services. This includes hand washing techniques, the importance of wearing protective gear at all times, how to prevent the spread of bacteria and how to identify areas that are not optimally sanitized.
• The food hygiene services company must be a member of the NCCA (National Contract Cleaners Authority)
• The food hygiene services company must be a member of the ISSA (The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association)
In our article, 5 questions you should ask your hygiene services company we look at some of the questions you can ask your food hygiene services company to ensure you choose the correct service provider.
As can be seen above, a food hygiene service company needs specific skills and experience in order to deliver a reliable and trustworthy service. The lives of many are at stake if this is not done correctly and therefore it is vitally important to choose the right food hygiene services company with all the correct accreditations and memberships.
If you are looking for a reliable food hygiene services company, be sure to contact our Elite Cleaning Service team today. Give Elite Cleaning Services a call today on 011 886 9915 for a free quotation and leave your food hygiene cleaning to the experts. We are experienced in all types of hygiene service solutions and pride ourselves in the expert delivery of food hygiene services countrywide.