In our article What to Expect from your Food Hygiene Services Company we looked at the various points that need to be delivered from the food hygiene services company you choose. As much as professional food hygiene services can ensure that your premises and equipment is clean and hygienic, there are also certain steps that need to be followed by all that prepare and come into contact with the food in your establishment.
These tips are as follows:
• Kitchen staff need to use proper hand washing techniques. This includes providing hand washing docks with adequate soap and paper that can be used as often as is needed. Ideally staff should wash their hands every 20 minutes.
• Enforce a colour coded system, for example for knives, chopping boards, containers and cloths. This ensures that staff know what utensils to use for which purpose and helps to minimise the spread of bacteria. This ensures that satisfactory food hygiene services in the eatery are maintained.
• All kitchen staff should wear protective clothing. This clothing is then disposed of and eliminates the spread of harmful germs and bacteria. All food hygiene services company staff should wear protective gear.
• Training – training of kitchen staff is of utmost importance to ensure effective food hygiene service maintenance. Kitchen staff need to know how to store food correctly, how to prepare food correctly as well as the effects that poor storage could have on the kitchen and staff. Any kitchen or eatery that prepares and serves food to the public needs to adhere to a certain food hygiene service level. All staff need to know what this is and report any instances where they do not see compliance.
• Spot checks should be conducted so that good food hygiene service is maintained. If any inconsistencies are picked up during the spot check these need to be addressed and rectified immediately.
• Employing the services of a reputable food hygiene services company to regularly conduct audits and cleaning will save your business thousands in the long run.
As can be seen above, a food hygiene service company needs specific skills and experience in order to deliver a reliable and trustworthy service. The lives of many are at stake if this is not done correctly and therefore it is vitally important to choose the right food hygiene services company with all the correct accreditations and memberships.
If you are looking for a reliable food hygiene services company, be sure to contact our Elite Cleaning Service team today. Give us a call today on 011 886 9915 for a free quotation and leave your food hygiene cleaning to the experts. We are experienced in all types of hygiene service solutions and pride ourselves in the expert delivery of food hygiene services countrywide.