In our previous article, the benefits of using a professional hygiene services company we mentioned why it is important to use a hygiene services company. In this article however we find out how you can tell whether you’ve contracted the right company to take care of your hygiene service needs, and if you’re still looking around, what questions you should be asking.
1. Do they employ their own staff or use sub-contractors? Many so-called hygiene services companys will merely be brokers, facilitating the sale between a company and a hygiene services company. They therefore will not know the staff that will go onsite to refill towels and dispensers, and therefore not be accountable for anything that may happen.
2. Where does the hygiene services company get their products from? This information may not be completely accessible, but if the product is sub-standard, cheaply imported or hazardous this could really be costly to your business in the long run. The optimal solution is to use locally manufactured products and equipment that are safe and sustainable and support the local economy.
3. Does the hygiene services company have contactable references available? The hygiene service company that you choose to use should have a number of references available (preferably in your area and industry) that are available to speak to. If they are reluctant to give you this information, or the information is incorrect, it is plausible to be suspicious.
4. Is the hygiene services company financially sound with a good credit track record? This is especially true if you are required to sign a long term agreement for 12 months for example. A hygiene services company cannot be trusted if they have dodgy accounts as they may cut corners in terms of quality and efficiency. It is much better to use a stable, well-run hygiene service company.
5. Does the hygiene services company have a good customer support centre? If you run out of paper towel for example and need a delivery done immediately will you be able to phone in and speak to a helpful consultant that will assist you? Or will it be almost impossible to get an emergency delivery done? Test this out before you sign up.
As can be seen above, it’s important to ask the right questions before deciding which hygiene service company to use.
If you are looking for a reliable hygiene services company, be sure to contact our Elite Cleaning Service team today. We are experienced in all types of hygiene service solutions.