Factory Pest Prevention
Ensuring a pest-free factory can be quite a daunting prospect, however should a new infestation of cockroaches decide to settle in for the night you’ll wish you had taken the time to implement some easy prevention measures. While you might have important things to worry about such as profit margins, product delivery and your next board meeting, it’s vital to your employees’ health and your daily business operations that your factory floor remains a pest-free zone.
Ants, flies, cockroaches and rats are drawn to the same things that humans are: shelter, warmth and food. In order to keep these critters out of your factory you need to ensure that it becomes more hospitable to humans than it is to pests. This means keeping a clean and hygienic work space. Use the following fail-safe tips to create a sanitary and pest-free working environment
1. Ensure that every corner of your factory is swept and the floors are washed at the end of every shift.
2. Line all bins with strong plastic bags (even municipal bins that are used for rubbish collection) and ensure that bin lids can close. Remove all bags and trash from the premises as soon as they are full.
3. Clean all surfaces, equipment, and machinery daily. You can save time by hiring a professional cleaning company to assist you with these tasks.
4. Fill cracks in the floors and holes in external walls which might enable insects to make their way into your building.
5. Make sure that the outside area of your premises, including the spaces just outside of your site’s boundaries are clean.
6. Arrange for a commercial pest control company to visit and assess your premises. While many people call them when they need to get rid of a pest problem, they are also valuable when taking prevention measures.
7. Lastly, make sure that all of your employees play their part in keeping their working environment clean and hygienic. Even the tiniest bread crumb could entice a colony of ants to make their home on your property.
With everyone on board and your factory sparkling clean, you’ll not only have a pest-free environment but a more hygienic one too. By reducing health risks, your staff will be happier and more productive. While there is always a chance that insects could wonder into your work space, you’ll find these visits few and far between with the help of the above steps and a commercial pest control company.
Our Cleaning Service offer a professional pest management services for homes, offices, warehouses and factories, contact us for more information.